Monday, September 26, 2005

Why I love San Francisco

This weekend I've got a sailing certification class which will certify me to bareboat charter boats up to 50'. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Here's a great quote straight from the study book I'm reading:
The San Francisco Bay area offers a classic example of daily sea breezes during the summer months. The inland valleys heat up to the 90 or 100+ degree mark. The Pacific High, a gigantic high pressure zone, settles in over the cool ocean. Every day dense offshore air rushes in to fill the vacuum created in teh valleys. The result is a predictable 20 to 25 knot breeze. Diehard sailors treasure these winds the same way dedciated skiers worship fresh powder.


Ahh. Can't wait to return to SF. Sept. 2006!

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 5:40 AM, Blogger smackerama said...

Is that a visit or a move?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home